Date & Time
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Judi Rubin-Bosco & Frank Bosco
Tuning Forks are unique tools for balancing the human energy system, strongly affecting the nervous system in both general and specific ways. Participants in this workshop will utilize the healing power of tuning forks, including everything from audible to etheric techniques and general vibrational to specific point work (acupuncture and trigger points). The subtlety and purity of sound that these instruments produce allow them to be simply incorporated into most any human service or practice where a greater sense of calm and energetic/emotional balance would be desired.
Topics and techniques we will address are:
- How tuning forks can be used to affect the nervous system and to entrain brain waves
- Important musical concepts (e.g. intervals, over-tones, difference tones, resonance, etc.) and explanation of vibrational healing
- How to play these tones for yourself and others
- Relaxation, meditation, and Ayurvedic 5 element balancing
- Aura healing; verbal guidance for greater receptivity; vocalizing with tuning forks (which ones to use and for what purpose); what movements to use—why and when
Note: A certificate of attendance will be provided upon completion. You are required to purchase a set of 8 aluminum forks. No previous experience is necessary. The class will be self-contained/experiential with demo/practice enough for anyone to benefit both personally and professionally.
Below are options for tuning forks to purchase.
They are inexpensive beginner sets on Amazon:
1.United Scientific TFSET8 Aluminum Alloy Tuning Fork Set, 8 Forks $37.70
2. Supertec Tuning Fork, Set of 8, Aluminum, with Actuator $33.49 (256 Hz (C), 288 Hz (D), 320 Hz (E), 341.3 Hz (F), 384 Hz (G), 426.6 (A), 480 (B), 512 (C))
https://biosonics.com/product-category/tuning-forks/body-tuners/ – Body Tuners
A Weekly Class
(4 Sessions) Wednesdays
January 30- February 20, 2019, 8:00 – 10:00 pm
Members $140/ Nonmembers $170
New York Open Center
Frank Bosco, MA, LCAT, MT-BC, LMT, RPP, SEP, is a certified music therapist and a licensed massage therapist. He is an adjunct faculty member at NYU where he has been leading music therapy group process for over 28 years. Over the years, he has integrated a wide range of somatic and psychotherapy practices including shiatsu, NMT, Polarity, NLP, hypnosis, and gestalt. He is the founder/director of Sound Health Studio (SHS) and has taught many classes relating to music therapy, sound, and vibrational healing in the US and in Europe.
Judi Rubin-Bosco MA, LCAT, MT-BC is a music-psychotherapist. Her specialty is teaching Music Therapy Advanced Theories and Methods for Children and Adolescents. She is the senior music therapist at the Harlem Center for Child Development, founding co-director of Sound Health Studio, and an adjunct faculty member of New York University’s Graduate Music Therapy Program.