Date & Time
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
In this eye-opening workshop, you will use writing as a path of self-inquiry and deepened insight. Meeting Your Muse will reveal fresh perspectives, novel solutions, renewed self-esteem, and clarity of purpose that increase self-awareness — and self-trust — in your evolution toward a more awakened and meaningful life.
In Meeting Your Muse you will learn to:
• Use essential questions to rediscover your intuitive knowledge
• Trust the awareness that is yours alone, and stop seeking answers outside yourself
• Expose limiting, shame-based narratives
• Identify the wise way forward in areas of conflict, confusion, and denial
• Uncover authentic desires and motivations, in order to make more conscious choices
• Create space for your shadow parts, both positive and negative
• Expand your imagination to encompass new possibilities
Known for his impactful work with students, Mark creates a warm, safe, and compassionate atmosphere in which to do this transformative writing. The weekend will combine Mark’s lessons with personal writing time, group dialogue, and dyadic work. His unique, intuitive feedback serves to quicken the insight process. “When you tell the truth, your story changes. When your story changes, your life is transformed,” he teaches.
Meet Your Muse will give you tools for continuing this self-investigation through an ongoing writing practice, in order to catalyze real and lasting change. Scientific studies have shown that a consistent writing practice has the ability to improve physical, mental, and emotional health. Mark’s Writing to Awaken process offers an exceptional opportunity for you to deepen self-awareness, strengthen self-trust, and more liberated, authentic, and awakened life. You do not have to be a writer to benefit from Mark’s teaching.
Come with the willingness to respond to the exercises earnestly, with an open mind and heart, and allow the truth to expose itself on the page. Begin to hear the still, small voice within that knows you better than you know yourself and can guide you toward your treasury of wisdom.
A One-Day Workshop
Saturday, April 25, 2020, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Members $150/ Nonmembers $170
New York Open Center