Date & Time
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Judith Orloff, MD
There is a powerful connection between your emotions, intuition, and empathy. The magic comes when you learn how to tap into each of them to fully access your sensitivities without becoming overloaded or drained.
Dr. Judith Orloff, a UCLA-trained psychiatrist, New York Times best-selling author and an empath herself, will show you how to awaken your intuition and empathy to enhance your health, work, relationships, resilience as a parent, and emotional & physical well-being, and share a range of practical methods to ignite and manage your powers of intuition. Nurturing your sensitivities yet staying grounded allows you to model for others how to be sensitive, heart-centered, and strong—a way to positively change your life and the planet.
This workshop, based on Dr. Orloff’s new book, The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People, will offer practical skills to help everyone, including healthcare practitioners, increase their empathy and intuition to improve the quality of their lives and work. Dr. Orloff passionately believes that the future of medicine lies in using intuition to access deeper insight, empathy, and greater wellness.
Participants will learn how to:
- Access intuition and empathy and recognize what blocks them
- Tell the difference between intuition and fear
- Identify if you’re an empath and/or a highly sensitive person
- Use strategies to prevent sensory overload, which can lead to addictions, overeating, anxiety, and exhaustion.
- Avoid emotional hangovers and compassion fatigue
- Stop absorbing other people’s stress.
- Combat narcissists and other “energy vampires”
- Express your empathic needs in relationships
- Heal with intuition and empathy
- Use oracle cards to receive intuitive guidance
Recommended reading: The Empath’s Survival Guide, Essential Tools for Empaths (audio program), Emotional Freedom, and The Power of Surrender Oracle Card Deck.
Note: We will work with these oracle cards as a tool for you to receive intuitive guidance—so please bring your deck.
A One-Day Workshop
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Members $175/Nonmembers $210
New York Open Center