Date & Time
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Laurel Parnell, PhD
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful therapy for treating trauma-based problems. This revolutionary therapy has helped thousands recover from such traumas as war, accidents, assaults, disasters, and childhood abuse. EMDR is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and the psychological effects of smaller traumas that manifest as symptoms of depression, anxiety, phobias, low self-esteem, creativity blocks, and relationship difficulties. Not only does healing occur much more rapidly than in traditional therapy, but as a result of EMDR’s clearing of emotional and physical blockages, many people undergo spiritual transformation and have “beyond the ego” experiences using EMDR.
Parts 1 & 2: Beginning Through Advanced Level
Learn EMDR from the inside out, with extensive practice time, experiencing firsthand the power of this transformative therapy. Using lecture, small group practice, and demonstrations in a supportive environment, we will cover beginning through advanced level EMDR. Topics covered also include:
- The EMDR model and components of treatment
- EMDR’s eight phases of treatment
- How to evaluate clients to gauge the appropriateness of EMDR treatment
- How to prepare clients for EMDR trauma processing
- Protocols and procedures for using EMDR for a range of problems
- How to use EMDR as a form of transpersonal psychotherapy
- To meet the requirements for basic EMDR training, participants must complete Parts 1 and 2, receive 10 hours of consultation from EMDRIA-approved consultants and then complete Part 3. Part 3 may be attended 3 or more months after Parts 1 & 2 or an equivalent EMDRIA approved training.
- Required reading: Laurel Parnell’s A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment, and Francine Shapiro’s EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Recommended reading: Laurel Parnell’s Transforming Trauma: EMDR and EMDR in the Treatment of Adults Abused as Children. Tuition includes a manual.
- Prior to registration, participants must submit a copy of their license in order to gain admittance to the program.
The following practitioners are acceptable mental health practitioners. All participants must submit their license in order to register:
Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Psychiatrists MD – specialization in Psychiatry
Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCAT)
Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
Licensed Psychoanalyst – licensing requirements as per the Office of the Professions
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Registration and Fees
A 7-DAY TRAINING
Thursday–Sunday, January 10-13, 2019
Thursday, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday-Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sunday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday-Sunday, January 18-20, 2019
Friday-Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sunday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
$1250 Member and Non-Member
Register early, as class fills quickly.
Online registration is not available for this event.
To register or for more info, call 212-219-2527 ext. 2.
To register a complaint or a concern or if you are requesting accommodations please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMDR Comprehensive Training: Part 3
New York Open Center
Laurel Parnell, PhD, is an internationally recognized clinician, consultant, EMDR trainer and author of A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR. A meditation practitioner for over 30 years, she teaches EMDR from a transpersonal perspective and maintains a practice in San Rafael, CA.