Date & Time
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Laurel Parnell, PhD
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful therapy for treating trauma-based problems. This revolutionary therapy has helped thousands recover from such traumas as war, accidents, assaults, disasters, and childhood abuse. EMDR is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and the psychological effects of smaller traumas that manifest as symptoms of depression, anxiety, phobias, low self-esteem, creativity blocks, and relationship difficulties. Not only does healing occur much more rapidly than in traditional therapy, but as a result of EMDR’s clearing of emotional and physical blockages, many people undergo spiritual transformation and have “beyond the ego” experiences using EMDR.
Parts 1 & 2: Beginning Through Advanced Level
Learn EMDR from the inside out, with extensive practice time, experiencing firsthand the power of this transformative therapy. Using lecture, small group practice, and demonstrations in a supportive environment, we will cover beginning through advanced level EMDR. Topics covered also include:
- The EMDR model and components of treatment
- EMDR’s eight phases of treatment
- How to evaluate clients to gauge the appropriateness of EMDR treatment
- How to prepare clients for EMDR trauma processing
- Protocols and procedures for using EMDR for a range of problems
- How to use EMDR as a form of transpersonal psychotherapy
- To meet the requirements for basic EMDR training, participants must complete Parts 1 and 2, receive 10 hours of consultation from EMDRIA-approved consultants and then complete Part 3. Part 3 may be attended 3 or more months after Parts 1 & 2 or an equivalent EMDRIA approved training.
- Required reading: Laurel Parnell’s A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment, and Francine Shapiro’s EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Recommended reading: Laurel Parnell’s Transforming Trauma: EMDR and EMDR in the Treatment of Adults Abused as Children. Tuition includes a manual.
- Prior to registration, participants must submit a copy of their license in order to gain admittance to the program.
The following practitioners are acceptable mental health practitioners. All participants must submit their license in order to register:
Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Psychiatrists MD – specialization in Psychiatry
Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCAT)
Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
Licensed Psychoanalyst – licensing requirements as per the Office of the Professions
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Registration and Fees
A 7-DAY TRAINING
Thursday–Sunday, January 9-12, 2020
Thursday, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday-Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sunday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday-Sunday, January 17-19, 2020
Friday-Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sunday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
$1250 Member and Nonmember
For CE Credit information click here.
Register early, as class fills quickly.
Online registration is not available for this event.
To register or for more info, call 212-219-2527 ext. 2.
To register a complaint or a concern or if you are requesting accommodations please send an email to email@example.com
EMDR Comprehensive Training: Part 3
New York Open Center
Laurel Parnell, PhD, is an internationally recognized clinician, consultant, EMDR trainer and author of A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR. A meditation practitioner for over 30 years, she teaches EMDR from a transpersonal perspective and maintains a practice in San Rafael, CA.