with Richard P. Brown & Patricia Gerbarg
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Breath-Body-Mind™ integrates ancient and modern trauma-sensitive techniques to rapidly balance stress-response systems for self-care and healing others. In this 6-session professional teacher training (CEU’s available, see below), you’ll learn unique techniques to balance the stress response system, calm fear-processing networks, reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder and improve mental focus, energy, productivity, sleep, empathy, connectedness and joy. Breath-Body-Mind™ complements other forms of psychotherapy, yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi and mind-body programs, enhancing well-being, meditation and transformation.
Topic highlights include:
- Trauma-sensitive teaching of movement, breathing and Open Focus meditation
- Introduction to methods for working with children
- Lectures and discussions: neurophysiology, research and clinical issues
- Improve skills for online teaching of clients and patients
- Opportunities to practice teaching the techniques with coaching
Note: This program will be offered online.
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Trauma-sensitive practices can help restore feelings of safety, meaningful connection, bonding and love for those who experience states of disconnection or emotional numbing—both common consequences of trauma and loss. Developed by integrative physicians, Dr. Richard P. Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg, Breath-Body-Mind™ (BBM) has evidence-based benefits for healthcare professionals, patients, military veterans and survivors of mass disasters, including the Asia tsunami, 9/11 World Trade Center Attacks, Gulf oil spill, Rwanda genocide and slavery and trafficking in Sudan. BBM programs help children recover from stress and trauma, learn emotional self-regulation and improve mental focus and learning in the US and in Bangladesh (Rohingya refugee children).
Throughout this course you’ll explore not only the practical application of these tools, but also the evidence behind them.
Breath-Body-Mind™ Teacher Training Level 1
Seminar Code: NYOC-009
Presenter(s): Richard Brown, MD and Patricia Gerbarg, MD
Date(s): 11/18/20 – 11/20/20 and 12/2/20 – 12/4/20
Metro: Live Interactive Online Webinar
Continuing Education Credits – 33
Please note this fee is for the CEU certificate only in addition to the program fee – $40.00
For eligible professions and to purchase the CEUs click HERE.
CEU certificates will be eligible for download following the course completion HERE.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Refund & Cancellation Policy – click HERE. For questions or concerns, contact email@example.com.
THIS TEACHER-TRAINING IS PARTICULARLY IMPACTFUL FOR:
- healthcare professionals
- rehabilitation specialists
- yoga teachers
- disaster relief workers
- first responders
- life coaches
- and healthcare providers bearing the burdens of the coronavirus crisis and their families
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS COURSE
- Completion of Breath-Body-Mind™ For Transformation Training: An Introduction and regular practice of Coherent Breathing (20 minutes per day, 5–7 days per week).
- Competence in using Zoom is necessary for smooth participation in the full range of BBM activities. Prior information session is required to assess familiarity with Zoom. Participants will arrange a 15 min session before the training starts. If required, additional Zoom training sessions will be provided for a $20 fee payable to the teacher via PayPal.
- Participants need to have cameras available and on at all times for proper guidance from the instructor.
- This training will NOT be recorded. Full participation in real time is required.
- Required reading and listening:
- Richard P. Brown and Patricia Gerbarg, The Healing Power of the Breath book and CD set
- BBM-Zoom Manual
- Required listening The 5-Breath Tones audio track available at: www.naturalsinger.com/5-breaths.
- Please download this audio track to your desktop prior to the program and use for daily practice.
Supplies list for the class:
- Students will be provided with two required PDF worksheets as part of tuition
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Zoom Software Requirements: This is an online course that requires Zoom webinar software. Zoom is easy to use. Click HERE to make sure your computer is set-up correctly.
A 6-Session Training
(6 sessions) Wednesday-Friday: November 18-20, & Dec 2-4, 2020
9:00 am – 4:00 pm EST (with 45 min lunch break provided)
Click below to view Richard Brown & Patricia Gerbarg’s recent OC LIVE Facebook event.
Breath-Body-Mind™ Teacher Training: Level 1 – 33 CEUs20FBB13T1
- 6 Session(s)
- Nov 18 2020 9:00 AM ET
Richard P. Brown, MD, associate professor of psychiatry at Columbia University and graduate of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, gives more than 100 lectures and courses every year. Coauthor of more than 100 scientific articles, books and chapters, he is a certified teacher of aikido (4th Dan), qigong, yoga and meditation.
Patricia L. Gerbarg, MD, assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at New York Medical College, graduate of Harvard Medical School and the Boston Psychoanalytic Institute, she practices Integrative Psychiatry, combining standard and complementary treatments.