Date & Time
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Learn about Sound Meditation for both healing and inspiration. Sound Meditation incorporates sounds from many traditions and languages as well as from your own revelation. This workshop will place special emphasis on using powerful one-syllable Beej (seed) mantras of the Yoga tradition. We will focus on the following:
- How mantra awakens prana (life force) to engender healing in self and others
- The basic alphabet and language of the chakras (subtle energy centers)
- How to develop our own personal practice
- The role of awareness and breath
- How to offer sound meditation and healing to others
A One-Day Workshop
Sunday, January 26, 2020, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
$180 (Members & Nonmembers) Early Bird $155 by December 6
This program can be taken individually or as part of the Integrative Sound & Music Training program.
New York Open Center
Thomas Amelio intensely studied yogic disciplines and philosophy in India, where he edited Rajarshi Muni’s classic, Yoga–The Ultimate Spiritual Path. He is a founding member of, and has been a senior teacher at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health for over 40 years, and is President Emeritus of the NY Open Center in New York City. His latest CD is Mantra Darshan–Vedic and Tantric invocations for meditative absorption.