Date & Time
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sound Meditation can be used for both healing and inspiration, and can incorporate sounds from many traditions and languages as well as from one’s own revelation. This workshop will place special emphasis on using powerful one-syllable bija (seed) mantras of the yoga tradition.
We will focus on:
- How mantra awakens prana (life force) to engender healing in self and others.
- The basic alphabet and language of the chakras (subtle energy centers).
- How to develop our own personal practice.
- The role of awareness and breath.
- How to offer sound meditation and healing to others.
A One-Day Workshop
Saturday, January 20, 2018, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
$180 (Members & Nonmembers) Early Bird $155 by 12/16
Thomas Amelio intensely studied yogic disciplines and philosophy in India, where he edited Rajarshi Muni’s classic, Yoga–The Ultimate Spiritual Path. He is a founding member of, and has been a senior teacher at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health for over 35 years, and is President Emeritus of the NY Open Center in New York City. His latest CD is Mantra Darshan–Vedic and Tantric invocations for meditative absorption.