Date & Time
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sharon Manner & Dr. Marc Rosenbaum
A Holistic approach to self-care and stress management for families and professionals serving the autistic and special needs population.
Being a parent or support personnel serving children on the Autistic Spectrum/Special Needs can be one of the most challenging endeavors an individual can undertake. In this special training with two leading experts in the field, learn a holistic approach to self-care and stress management. Employing practical tools based on the principles of yoga, mindfulness, social-emotional learning, and life-enhancing nutrition, learn to reduce stress levels in order to better meet the needs of those in our care.
Presented in a series of three 5-hour sessions, we will explore:
- Cutting-edge self-regulatory tools and techniques to support individuals with ASD.
- How to develop relationship, leadership, and professional competence skills through focused listening, communication, forgiveness, taking responsibility, and conscious choice.
- How to stay present and diffuse stressful moments and meltdowns.
- How to help our children and patients improve their sleep, nutrition, communication skills, and reduce anxiety-inducing incidents.
- How to accept the limitations autism dictates while envisioning greater possibilities for the future.
Suggested reading, Masterful Parenting: Creating Meaningful Connection with Your Child. Please note that excerpts of the book with be discussed in the workshop.
A Weekly Class
(3 Sessions) Sundays, October 15 – 29, 2017, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
$275 (Members & Nonmembers)
New York Open Center
Sharon Manner, With 35 years of yoga and mediation practice, Sharon Manner has experience first hand how yoga helps to reduce stress. For the past 11 years, inspired by parenting a 24 year old daughter with Autism, she has developed and presented programs exclusively tailored to benefit individuals on the Spectrum. To date, Ms. Manner’s work has positively impacted the lives of thousands of adults and children throughout the United States and Canada along with more than 150 individuals trained to bring her trainings into their schools and community organizations that serve individual with Autism.
Since 1993, Dr. Marc Rosenbaum, founder and director of Education for Excellence, has presented social/emotional learning programs to more than 5000 New York City public school parents, teachers and administrators. He has authored the course texts and curriculum guides Masterful Parenting (the book your parents had read), El Arte de Ser Padres, Masterful Parenting (creating meaningful connection with your child) and Education for Transformation.