Date & Time
6:00 pm - 7:45 pm
Aromatherapy, the use of essential oils as healing agents, has a long history in many cultures. These oils can have very beneficial effects on the physical, mental, and emotional components of illness. In this class, we will focus on oils derived from leaves, flowers, resins, woods, and roots.
The material covered will include:
- introduction to the classification and function of various oils
- how oils are made
- how oils affect the physical, emotional and spiritual levels of our being
- how to use oils in the context of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- practical applications and treatments for a number of ailments, including specific protocols for grief, insomnia, and respiratory, and digestive problems
- how essential oil use can fit into or be combined with other healing modalities
A Weekly Class
(3 Sessions) Thursdays, January 9 – January 23, 2020, 6:00 – 7:45 pm
Members $100/ Nonmembers $125
New York Open Center
Marc Gian, LAc, LMT, a New York City-based holistic healer, has 15 years of experience in holistic health modalities, is a licensed acupuncturist, massage therapist, essential oils specialist, and founder of Meridian Biologix essential oils. He is the author of Holistic Aromatherapy: Practical Self-Healing with Essential Oils and The Inner World of Night Dreams: Discover Their Meanings and Expand Your Awareness in Waking Life. Marc developed the Essential Oil Course at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, where he taught for over 10 years.