How Can an Intuitive Help You?
By Constantina Rhodes
An intuitive consultant is someone trained in the spiritual arts of expanding one’s consciousness in order to receive spiritual guidance, and in the ethical arts of imparting accurate, compassionate and confidential guidance to those who seek it. By perceiving the bigger picture, an intuitive consultant can offer insight into possible outcomes that may not have been known to you, thereby helping you to make better and more confident decisions. An intuitive consultant will offer suggestions based on information he or she has received, but as we are all gifted with free will, the decisions are your own to make.
I am a Certified Intuitive Consultant, a Certified Instructor of Intuitive Development, and a Certified Seance/Message Circle Conductor. I assist clients by first creating a sacred space where we can access spiritual guidance. This is always done as a request, and my clients report that they receive the answers they need and often experience quite a bit of healing energy as well. No matter what the answers are that come through, clients leave a session with me feeling uplifted and empowered to move forward in their life.
I am somewhat unique among intuitive consultants in that I also bring a strong academic background to my intuitive work. I received a Ph.D. from Columbia University in South Asian Languages and Religions. I’ve been a full professor with tenure and have served as president of the regional division of one of the most prestigious learned societies in the world. I’ve written several highly acclaimed books that offer large segments of my original translations of Sanskrit devotional poetry. I continue to teach as an adjunct professor of Religion.
Although scholarship is a rigorous and rational endeavor, I’ve found over the years of working with Sanskrit that in order to penetrate the depths of that sacred language, it’s necessary to approach it holistically, prayerfully, expansively. There is a reason that the Vedic tradition considers it sacred. One doesn’t engage with mantras and prayer formulas day in and day out for over a dozen years without some of the rasa — the juicy essence — seeping through and illuminating the mind with insights into embedded veracities.
As a professor of world religions, I’m familiar with many aspects of religious and spiritual traditions, especially from indigenous and Asian traditions. It is amusing and gratifying to have become acquainted with so many aspects of Spirit. Often this serves me well when reading for a client whose guides may come from various world cultures and who might not be legitimized by a reader for whom no previous “psychic pathway” has already been established. Spiritual beings communicate more easily when they sense they’ll be recognized. The surprise and discovery is delightful. The client sighs and sometimes laughs with relief. Doors open. We connect with spirit. … angels, devas, orixas, saints. And more. During a reading, you may encounter your own great luminous entourage. How exciting is this?! What’s even greater is when I express what I’m perceiving, and the client says, “I was sort of feeling this, but I couldn’t quite believe it.” An intuitive consultant helps to nudge those whisperings into your conscious reality, to help you to know more clearly what you “sort of suspected” all along.
What else happens during an intuitive consultation?
An intuitive session is a special event. This is why I ask clients to anticipate the consultation by preparing a written list of 1-5 questions ahead of time, and to arrive as calm, relaxed, and receptive as possible. For my part, I spend time meditating and centering myself before sessions, and I create a sacred space dedicated entirely to the client’s spiritual well being.
We begin with a brief prayer of protection and invocation of divine presence. Spiritual guidance begins to come closer to us, and we begin to expand to receive that guidance. Then I’ll review your questions very briefly, to make sure I understand your concerns, and to allow you to make any clarifications. After that, if we’re meeting in person, I’ll hold a personal object that you’ve brought for the session, and meditate with it to tune in more finely to your energy. If we’re meeting over the phone, I’ll tune into your energy as it comes through your voice. During this brief meditation I begin to receive impressions. I’ll then answer your questions. Often the answers weave their way around and don’t proceed in linear order, but they all get answered. Often new information comes up as well. It is my experience that clients always receive exactly what they need. We end the session with a closing expression of gratitude, releasing spiritual guidance back to the etheric realms, and looking forward to the next steps in life with a renewed sense of purpose.
Where does the information come from?
I consciously invoke spiritual guidance, which expresses itself in many different forms. Sometimes it is simply a psychic knowing, or information received through the “clairs,” or paraphysical senses: clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairscent, clairgustance, and clairsentience. This is usually accompanied by spiritual guidance — spirit guides, angelic beings, ascended masters, family spirits, departed loved ones, earth devas, celestial luminosities, and more. Each client is unique and each reading is unique. I request the presence of those who can best assist at that time and for that situation in a person’s life. We remember that whoever or whatever arrives is ultimately a mystery. We do not conjure, we invoke. In other words, we do not force or compel, we request with humility and gratitude. We aspire to listen with an open mind and pure heart.
Does an intuitive consultation replace psychological, legal, or medical advice?
No, though an intuitive consultation might indicate that certain of those areas need attention, in which case you might explore your concerns with your psychotherapist, attorney, chiropractor, or other trusted professional.
How To Get the Most Out of an Intuitive Consultation
(Adapted from guidelines of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches)
• Seek the advice of an intuitive consultant when there is a sincere need.
• Be open-minded. Do not try to “test” an intuitive or come with a “prove it to me” attitude. Judge the reading as it is being given to you. Listen calmly.
• Don’t make an intuitive consultant guess what you want from your reading. This only wastes valuable time in which your reader could already be answering your questions.
• Be prepared with a list of meaningful questions, written down to hand to the intuitive. This will help to stimulate psychic impressions.
• Topics your intuitive may tune in to may include: employment/career, love and relationships, family, friends, travel, spirituality, finances, education, and more. If you are so inclined, topics may include past lives and special insights on karmic relationships.
• Give your reader a personal object to hold. This object should not have been previously worn or owned by anyone else (no heirlooms), and ideally you should have been using it for a while. This personal object will help the intuitive to get closer to your energy and use it as fuel for the reading.
• You may also want to bring in photos. Intuitives can draw a lot of information from a photo. Photos may be of living or deceased persons.
• Intuitives do not see everything. However, they should tell you everything they see. If they see something negative, they will tell you, but they will also tell you how you can change or avoid the negative event. A code of ethics for a truly professional intuitive should embody the saying, “To be forewarned is to be forearmed.” This is one of the great values of going to an intuitive. They can help prevent possible problems.
• Most intuitives are also mediums. This means that they may perceive information from your deceased loved ones. Your intuitive may refer to these people as “spirits.” You may want to give your intuitive the name of your loved one in spirit, enabling them to tune in to the name and possibly give you a message from that person.
• Keep in mind that intuitives are human beings like everyone else. Intuitives are not always correct. However, most of my clients return for more readings because they are pleased with the high accuracy rate, the sense of compassion they feel from me, and the sense of empowerment to move forward with their lives that they receive in the spiritual setting of our reading.
Constantina Rhodes, PhD, an intuitive consultant, instructor of intuitive development, and scholar of Sanskrit and the mystic traditions of India, offers courses on intuition and has several CDs of guided meditations.
Developing Your Intuition: A Decision-Making Tool for Life
A Weekly Class with Constantina Rhodes
Thursdays, November 7 – December 12, 6:00 – 7:45 pm (5 Sessions)
To learn more and register, click here.