Date & Time
07/23/2020 - 07/26/2020
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Note: This training will now be taking place online. It will be recorded and shared with registrants after each online program for a limited time only.
To register please call 212-219-2527 Ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful therapy for treating trauma-based problems. This revolutionary therapy has helped thousands recover from such traumas as war, accidents, assaults, disasters, and childhood abuse. EMDR is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and the psychological effects of smaller traumas that manifest as symptoms of depression, anxiety, phobias, low self-esteem, creativity blocks, and relationship difficulties. Not only does healing occur much more rapidly than in traditional therapy, but as a result of EMDR’s clearing of emotional and physical blockages, many people undergo spiritual transformation and have “beyond the ego” experiences using EMDR.
Part 3: Transforming Trauma with EMDR: Advanced Clinical Workshop and Refresher Course
In this intensive workshop, we will refresh our technique, review EMDR protocols and procedures, consult on our difficult cases, watch demonstrations, and practice EMDR in small supervised groups. Instruction will focus on using EMDR in complex cases, resource development and installation, target development and cognitive interweaves.
Topics will include:
- Working with adults abused as children
- Medical procedure trauma; grief and loss
- Recent traumas
- EMDR as a transpersonal psychotherapy
The full course will involve reviewing standard EMDR protocol and procedures, and learning a modified protocol, and when to use it, as well as the following:
- A technique for target development
- Techniques for resource development and installation
- The advanced use of interweaves
We will also learn how to:
- Work with complex cases
- Use EMDR with critical incidents, grief and loss, medical procedures, traumas, and somatic disorders
- Understand EMDR’s capacity to act as a transpersonal psychotherapy
- Successfully integrate EMDR into a clinical practice
- To meet the requirements for basic EMDR training, participants must complete Parts 1 and 2, receive 10 hours of consultation from EMDRIA-approved consultants and then complete Part 3. Part 3 may be attended 3 or more months after Parts 1 & 2 or an equivalent EMDRIA approved training.
- Required reading: Laurel Parnell’s A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment, and Francine Shapiro’s EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Recommended reading: Laurel Parnell’s Transforming Trauma: EMDR and EMDR in the Treatment of Adults Abused as Children
- Prior to registration, participants must submit a copy of their license in order to gain admittance to the program. Tuition includes a manual.
The following practitioners are acceptable mental health practitioners. All participants must submit their license in order to register:
Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Psychiatrists MD – specialization in Psychiatry
Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCAT)
Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
Licensed Psychoanalyst – licensing requirements as per the Office of the Professions
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
This live training program requires ZOOM webinar software, which you will be automatically prompted to download upon clicking the access link provided to you in your confirmation and reminder emails. Zoom is an easy to use webinar software available for Mac OS X, Windows, iOS and Android. Installation should only take a moment.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: If you have a computer with a broadband connection (320 kbps minimum), web browser, and sound capabilities (microphone and speakers or headset), you will be able to view the webinar and participate in the Q&A period. Recommended System Requirements: Windows 8.1 or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher, and browsers version Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 3, Safari 4, and Chrome 11 or higher.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
A 4-Day Training
Thursday – Sunday, July 23 – July 26, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm EST
Please login to the Zoom linked provided 20 minutes prior to the start of the program.
$850 Member and Nonmember
CEUs available to purchase: Click here
27 CE Credits: $40
Register early, as class fills quickly.
To register or for more info, call 212.219.2527 ext. 2
Online registration is not available for this program; please call to register or email email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE: Fourth Annual Parnell Institute Innovations in EMDR Conference on October 21-25. Click here for more information.
To register a complaint or a concern or if you are requesting accommodations please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sean Frankino is a psychotherapist, bodyworker, energy worker and teacher who has a private practice in New York City. He is faculty and training facilitator for the Parnell Institute. He is the founder of the NYC EMDR Salons that seek to explore the synergy between EMDR and other trauma modalities. He often presents on the use of somatic therapies with EMDR.