Date & Time
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Ayurveda teaches us how to live in harmony with nature and understand our body’s biological energy types (doshas). Doshas govern our health, and teach us how our body detoxes and assimilates nutrients, an important fact to know before starting your skincare.
During this workshop, we will explore:
- Ayurvedic rejuvenation (rasayana)
- Different skin types (doshas)
- How to create a skincare ritual and change it seasonally
- How to use Ayurvedic herbs and oils to reverse skin problems (dry, acne, dark spots, etc.)
- Inhaling aromatic vapor (carrot/rose, etc.) to affect the pH balance (acid or alkaline) in your blood/nervous system and how it shows up in the face
Note: A materials fee of $25 to be paid directly to instructor (not a registration fee) for a Dosha Skincare Kit (value $50); and recipes/formulas for DIY skincare products. Bring a tabletop mirror that can stand upright and a medium-sized bowl.
A One-Day Workshop
Sunday, October 13, 2019, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Members $125/ Nonmembers $155
New York Open Center
Carollanne Crichton, AyT, LMT, is the owner and formulist of Solavedi Organics. Since 2003, she has created healthy skincare/traditional Ayurvedic thailam body-care products. She is the author of Earth Medicine & Healing Stones, and has been a massage therapist and yoga instructor since the 1980’s.