CALL FOR ARTWORK
Get your artwork featured in an upcoming
New York Open Center catalog!
The New York Open Center is accepting artwork submissions for its course catalog. Selected artist will have their artwork featured on the cover of both our print & digital catalog issue, a write-up on our blog, and artist statement & bio included on our NYOC Gallery page. All works must be original, and can be in any media that can be scanned or photographed and made digital.
Because the Open Center is a holistic, body-mind-spirit, “big picture” organization, it can be a challenge to encapsulate the Center in the cover image. Below are some keywords and concepts you can explore, and a sense of what we are looking for.
The Open Center is both:
• an oasis of sanity in busy NYC, offering inspiration, beauty, wisdom, and insight, but also …
• a dynamic, vibrant center presenting contemporary, relevant ideas in holistic thought to New Yorkers – dedicated to living these values in an urban context..
beauty, change, choice, direction, dynamic, explore, freedom, fulfill (fulfillment), guidance, hope, insight, inspiration, journey, light, magical, metamorphosis, mystical, new life, passage, pathway, potential, threshold, transformation, transition, urban oasis, urban nature, vibrant, vitality (chi, or energy)
Images to Avoid
• Cliches, including lotus flowers, yoga or meditation poses, flowers, butterflies, etc., anything “New Age.”
• Overtly religious photos (for example: an image of one particular faith).
Also the Center has used many images of nature and plant life in the past, so other images are preferred. We are not excluding images with a nature theme, or an aspect of nature. Nature reflected in an urban environment, for example, would be something we might consider.
Email your website & images to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JPEG or TIFF file format.
• CMYK color space.
• approximately 12” high x 9” wide at 300 dpi.
• vertical (not horizontal) in orientation (i.e., page size, not landscape).
• July 1 for Fall catalog issue
• November 1 for Winter/Spring catalog issue
• March 1 for Spring/Summer
About the New York Open Center
For over 30 years, the New York Open Center has been recognized as New York City’s leading center for holistic learning. Our catalog, placed in hundreds of locations throughout NYC, offers a listing of workshops, trainings & events in holistic health, psychological studies, ecology & cultural issues, spirituality & religious traditions, bodywork disciplines, and arts & creativity. Our teachers include prominent figures such as Julia Cameron, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Rupert Sheldrake, Brian Weiss and more. www.OpenCenter.org.