*Please note the current training in Applied Positive Psychology has already begun. If you are interested in receiving information on future trainings in this subject email email@example.com to be placed on a list.
Main Facilitator- Emiliya Zhivotovskaya, MAPP, ERYT
Guest Facilitators: Louis Alloro, MEd, MAPP & Carin Rockind, MAPP
Presenters include: Sonja Lyubomirksy, PhD, Andrew Newberg, PhD, Robert Emmons, PhD, Stephen Post, PhD, Todd Kashdan, PhD, Gayatri Devi, MD
Positive psychology (PP) is a new and rapidly growing field that demonstrates what individuals, organizations and communities need in order to flourish. Where traditional psychology focused on fixing what was wrong in a person, positive psychology aims to create more wellbeing, happiness and life satisfaction. While philosophers have long investigated the nature of happiness, it was not until 1998 that scientists coalesced to explore well-being through systematic and multi-faceted research. To date, thousands of PP studies have been conducted and papers published. However, there are few organizations training individuals in this fresh knowledge and innovative set of practices. The Open Center is therefore delighted to offer one of the first certificate programs in the country in both the theory and application of Positive Psychology. It is intended to benefit both individuals and those working with clients, organizations and communities.
This 150-hour, 6-month program is designed around the model of Flourishing developed by Dr. Martin Seligman, founder of Positive Psychology, with an added emphasis on physical well-being. It consists of six modules focusing on Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Achievement and Vitality (PERMA-V).
Each module includes:
• 1 weekend on site.
• 1 online webinar with a leading PP expert.
• 2 tele-classes with online videos.
• 1 interview call with a positive psychology practitioner.
Each module is designed to provide participants with the depth of knowledge, theory, tools and research to demonstrate and teach PP to others. The materials provided include reusable power points, research summary pages, measurement tools and worksheets. The certificate will be of special interest to educators, coaches, managers, consultants, human resource personnel, executives, leaders, facilitators, yoga teachers, nutritionists, body workers, doctors, psychologists and other mental health/wellness practitioners.
For more information or questions: Contact Emiliya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download free Webex recordings of 2 webinar introductions to the Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology
WEBINAR: August 24, 2013, 1:00 pm New York Time
1 hour 34 mins (199 Mb download)
WEBINAR: July 13, 2013, 1:02 pm New York Time
1 hour 30 mins (177.7 Mb download)
NOTE: You will need to download a free software application from Webex, the ARF Player, to view the recordings. If you follow the above link, then click the “Download” button, it will open a page giving you a link to also “Download ARF Player.” This link gives you the most up-to-date player software. The Webex ARF Player, for Windows or Mac, may also be downloaded from: http://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html.
System Requirements: Windows XP or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher, and browsers version Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 3, Safari 4, and Chrome 11 or higher.
- Understand the history of happiness studies and measures of life-satisfaction worldwide.
- Learn the basic evidence-based interventions for measuring and boosting positivity, optimism and resilience.
- Identify, utilize and enhance character strengths when working with people and organizations.
- The psychological underpinnings of engagement, flow and peak performance and how to create these experiences for others.
- The mechanisms behind self-regulation, will-power and decision making.
- The benefits of an practices of mindfulness and savoring.
- How to build authentic and high-quality connections as well as navigate turbulent ones.
- How to work with and promote altruism, volunteering, kindness and forgiveness.
- Practices for helping others uncover life purpose, passion and meaning.
- Understanding awe, transcendence and spiritual practices from the perspective of psychology.
- Research on helping people to create measurable and sustainable changes in their lives.
- Increasing hope, self-efficacy, intrinsic motivation and grit within others.
- Working with stress, calm, sleep and physical activity.
- The mind-body connection: how altering physical states affects the mind and vice versa.
To receive a free copy of the detailed program outline with in depth information about what skills and theory will be taught e-mail email@example.com or call (212)F-L-O-U-R-I-S-H/ (212) 356-8747 for details.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
A 6-MONTH CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Sept. 2013-April 2014: 7 weekends,
Saturdays & Sundays, 9am–6pm
2013: Sept. 21 & 22, Oct. 19 & 20, Nov. 23 & 24
2014: Jan. 18 & 19, Feb. 22 & 23, March 22 & 23, April 26 & 27
13SP40S CEUs click here
$3,950 (No Member Discount)
PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE (Pricing information will be available shortly) call 212-219-2527 x 2 to register for the payment plan)