More than just a place to work, The New York Open Center is a community of people dedicated to living and exploring the holistic, socio-ecological, and spiritual values upon which it was founded in 1984. Job openings are listed below; if there are none right now, check again soon!
To inquire about employment opportunities at the New York Open Center, write us at email@example.com unless otherwise indicated in the individual listing. Also please find out about our volunteer program.
More than just a place to work, The New York Open Center is a community of people dedicated to living and exploring the holistic, socio-ecological, and spiritual values upon which it was founded in1984.
Staff Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a highly polished and efficient Administrative Assistant/Staff Coordinator to provide general administrative support to the President of the New York Open Center, this role also encompasses staff management of all meetings and the successful follow-up on decisions and plans made.
- Manage schedule and appointments
- Organize and coordinate all staff meetings. Insure follow-through on all agreed upon plans of action.
- Maintains current short term and strategic plan and follows up on directors and department heads in carrying through their assigned goals and objectives.
- In general–tracks progress and keeps everyone “on target” with our plans of action, and overall strategic plan
- Preparing and sending necessary meeting materials
- Research Projects
- Supports president in managing his office organization and files– including maintaining current information and scanning key documents into electronic format
- Finds and manages volunteers and interns as needed for the President’s projects.
- Filing of appropriate papers into employee personnel files.
- Some HR support
Required Experience/ Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of administrative experience supporting a senior level executive, experience in a non-profit agency is a plus.
- Able to communicate and follow up with staff cordially–but firmly. In this regard previous management experience of some kind is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent presentation and meeting arrangement skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive personality
- Strong organizing ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully
- Strong interest in holistic health and self-development a plus
Job Type: Part time (32 hours a week)
Local candidates only:
New York, NY
Administrative: At least 3 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization: For over 32 years the New York Open Center has offered holistically-based educational programs to create positive transformation in individuals and the world. More than a school, we are maintaining and building a vibrant “learning community.”
Benefits Include: Program training comps, vacation, staff discounts for wellness sessions, boutique, and cafe.
NOTE: please include a COVER LETTER and do not call or send email to any other staff member regarding this position. Use the email provided. firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify you if interested. Thank you!
The New York Open Center’s Production Department is searching for energetic, motivated, and organized self-starters to join the staff. The Production Staff execute daily the production of multiple events including classes, presentations, performances, galas, book signings, etc.
- Set up audio visual and events equipment
- Liaise with the center’s departments to collect and disseminate events materials
- Delegate tasks to volunteers and oversee accomplishment of those tasks
- Resolve issues presented by Faculty, Presenters, and customers
- Complete tasks assigned by the Production Coordinator, Production Manager, and Faculty Liaison including but not limited to filing, copying, calling, and special projects
- At least 1 to 2 years experience in production, customer service, or the nonprofit sector
- Candidates must possess strong communication, customer service, and multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with AV and IT equipment is preferable
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour
Benefits: Discounts on wellness sessions and long term trainings and free participation in classes and events.
Please forward cover letter and resume in pdf files to email@example.com. No calls please.
Licensed Massage Therapist
We are searching for a licensed massage therapist, preferably with energy healing training to join our team of holistic practitioners.
- Prefer and Plus: Energy Healing Background and Training
- Must possess a valid NYS Massage Therapy license and Practitioner Liability Insurance
- At least 2+ years of professional experience
- Customer service, communicate with clients & Open Center management
- Practices principles of healing in bodywork
- This is part-time (4 to 8 hours week)
Interested candidates please e-mail your resume and your days of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Customer Service Agent
The New York Open Center is seeking a friendly, reliable person with excellent customer service, organization, and computer skills to serve as a Customer Service Agent. This position is permanent Part-time (approximately 15-25 hours/week). From time to time, must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Customer Service Agent refers to the essential and dynamic task of serving as the “face” of New York Open Center, i.e. being the primary interface between our many diverse guests and the Open Center staff. Since customer service is the most important aspect of this position, it is crucial that the Customer service agent be able to successfully and dependably multi-task all day long as well as be consistently helpful, positive, flexible, attentive, and kind. While office and computer skills comprise the core skill set of this job, we are an “all hands on deck” operation thus we all wear many hats and need to be able to jump in where needed and help.
This position has two main posts: the Registration/Wellness Desk and the Café. It is often necessary to switch posts or go back and forth, a few times a day. Therefore flexibility, friendliness, and a willingness to do what it takes to work together as a team to get everything done are essential.
Registration/Wellness Desk Duties may include:
- Managing registration in person, over the phone, and via e-mail
- Assisting customers with questions regarding services and products
- Achieving proficiency with our registration database system
- Assisting in supervising and training volunteers; scheduling bodywork sessions, setting up bodywork rooms, collecting payments.
Cafe post responsiblities may include:
- Setting-up/presentation of food and drink displays
- Maintaining cleanliness
- Restocking of food products
- Maintaining freshness of food
- Preparing and serving sandwiches
- Performing opening and closing duties, including receiving food deliveries and other duties assigned by management
- Cafe experience is a plus
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
About the NY Open Center
With over 20,000 people participating in our programs each year, the New York Open Center is recognized as New York’s City’s leading center of holistic learning. We present hundreds of workshops, conferences, professional trainings programs, lectures, on-going classes drawing from many disciplines and traditions. Subjects include meditation, complimentary medicine, bodywork, society and ecology, creative arts, psychology and personal growth.